Thursday 24 January 2019

The beautiful Sabine Hills captured - Guido's story.

Sabina, the Sabine Hills, a non-touristy area close to Rome, is quintessential Italy.

Every time I look out from my kitchen window, I am captured by the magic of this ever changing view I have before me. The vast expanse of agricultural land, medieval hilltop villages, ancient monasteries, olive groves, change in clarity and colour within one day and with the seasons.
View of our home, olive grove and valley below
I fell in love with the Sabine Hills ('Sabina') area when I was a child. When I was young, my father used to take me around the Roman countryside on weekend excursions to locate the finest cheeses and wines. Baskets of fresh ricotta were prepared in front of us by the local shepherd and loaves of wood-fired sour dough bread were bought hot from the bakery. It was an incredible education. 

Sunset as seen from our home terrace in the Sabine Hills
These experiences led me to return to this area to buy a home, in the medieval hilltop village of Toffia, to settle with Sally, my Australian wife, and our daughter. We have been living here in the Sabine Hills for over 13 years, and my passion for this region lead me to share this area with guests from all over the world. We have been offering Italian cooking classes and cooking holidays, wine tours and olive tours, within this area since we moved here, opening our family home in hope that you too, will be captured by the magic of this beautiful  and non-touristy countryside that is only 40 minutes away from Rome, yet feels like worlds away. 
Selected images from Instagram : conviviorome.Italy
More information about our Cooking Classes, 3 and 5 night Italian Cooking Holidays , Half Day Olive Tours and Half Day Wine Tours, in the Sabine Hills can be found on the following websites. If you wish to ask me anything about this beautiful area or any of the activities, experiences or holidays we offer, please just contact me: info@conviviorome.com



No comments: